So if you own phones from one of these OEMs, I would highly recommend Paranoid Android to stock firmware file any other ROM on this list. Pixel Experience is the best custom ROM for Android right now and I can draw out three reasons for that. First, it supports a huge number of devices from Xiaomi to Realme to Asus to Samsung. Second, it brings Pixel features for non-pixel devices like the newer Google Assistant, built-in GCam support, Pixel live wallpapers, and more. Also, on some ROMs, you may have to flash a GApps package such as OpenGapps (website) or NikGApps (website). I have personally tested almost all the ROMs listed below on my Redmi K20 Pro, Poco F1, and Mi A1. Also, if you like the custom ROM, consider donating the developer behind the work.
Aside from the risks of modding your device, you can lose out on important features, like camera tweaks, using a custom ROM. Android is a lot more stable out of the box than it once was. And many features that were once only available on custom ROMs, like granular app permissions, control over notifications, and removing bloatware, are all built into modern Android phones. For a long time, one of the most attractive parts about using a custom ROM was receiving timely Android updates.
- Your device will be recognized and the main interface of Dr.Fone will show up.
- But I have added this section back because the Gcam 8.1 APK is one of the most stable version that runs on many Android phones and gives better results than these new versions.
- Such as security updates, manufacturers don’t require to launch a new version of Android for security if they are using stock Android.
- Manufacturer POCO X3 128GB
- CyanogenMod is another example, and it has many features built from the ground up rather than mere tweaks.
One of the first ROMs to successfully implement a truckload of features. It will definitely remind you of Resurrection Remix and Paranoid Android from the past. Another ROM that is based on the AOSP Gerrit but has its own custom mods is the Xtended. Initially known as MSM Xtended, this project came into existence around the time of the Android Pie launch. However, despite being a relatively new project, the ROM has quickly evolved into becoming a very stable and reliable ROM and gives plenty of other competitors a run for their money. Next is the biggest name in the custom ROM scene – LineageOS.
- Keep in mind, you won’t get the latest Android build immediately, but you will have a stable and hassle-free experience for sure.
- In this post we will provide you step by step installation instructions and direct download link for OPPO R9 Plus firmware/ROM based on Android 6 marshmallow.
- Most specs are actually the same, but the Ultimate edition comes with 16GB of RAM (no 12GB version) and 512GB of storage.
And the overall experience is quite nice as it comes with a customized launcher and desktop mode. The customizable panel has a gesture replacement and that’s the 3-button navbar which is highly useful for users who want the old navigation system back. Other Arrow OS features include a custom dialer, custom Quick Settings tiles, lock screen shortcuts, Privacy Guard from LineageOS, and more.